Friday, November 20, 2009

Day #19: Yummy Bread Recipe

Here is the bread recipe that I made the other day. I got the majority of it from my friend Kari Rich who said her's is the Kitchen Knead's recipe tweaked a little. Well, I tweaked Kari's a little. Here it is:

Homemade Bread:

Combine: 1 cup warm water
3 T. yeast
1 T. brown sugar
Let sit until bubbly.

Combine in a mixer: 4 cups warm water
6 T. butter
4 t. salt
12 cups flour*
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup potatoe flakes
1 T. of wheat gluten for every cup of wheat flour
3 T. of white vinegar


Add yeast mixture and knead for 10 minutes. Put in 4 loaf pans and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

*I ground some wheat that day and didn't quite have enough so I had 9 cups wheat flour and 3 cups white flour. You could do it half and half or all wheat and I think it would work great.

I would love to hear back from people that try this out and what results they had!

No comments: