Monday, October 6, 2008

WOW!

My neice, Emily, and I decided to go on an adventure. Neither one of us have ever hiked the Wellsville Mountains up to the Mendon Peak. So, we decided we would give it a try. It was amazing. On this side of the hike (about 3 weeks later) I would consider doing it again. The colors were just beautiful, the weather was perfect and the company was wonderful. It was so fun to spend time with her that day even if the hike took about 4 more hours than we thought. We started around 9:30 a.m. and nievely thought that we would be able to do it in our 3 or 4 hours. Wrong! Can we say....7 1/2 hours! When we reached the trail head I would have run to my car but I just couldn't do it. I was barely able to walk with the walking stick that was holding me up! There were quite a few days of recovery in store for me.
This picture is early on in the hike. Little did we know what was in store for us!



1 comment:

cindy said...

What a woman! I know without a doubt that I COULD NOT hike for 7 hours!
(gorgeous pictures!)