Sunday, April 19, 2009

Miracles and Blessings

Life has been so crazy lately. I haven't had time to really sit down and blog about some miracles that have happened in our life.

Just over a week ago our son, Frank, was in a car accident. He was driving our litte Ford Ranger truck with a friend in the passenger seat. He took a corner too fast on a gravel road, skidded, hit a ditch and rolled the truck into a farmer's field. Amazingly, the truck landed on it's wheels. Luckily, they were wearing their seat belts. They walked away from this accident with not a scratch. The rearview mirrors were broken off, the windshield was cracked, and there are definitely more dents and scratches on the truck then there were before. But we were able to drive it to the repair shop and it now works fine. Needless to say, I was so relieved that everyone was okay.

Jump back in time to last year. It was June. Reggie was driving home from work. He had gone to early morning running and then roofed all day. He was tired and dozed off. He went off the road, went into a ditch and hit a telephone pole. Luckily, he was wearing a seat belt as well. The policeman was amazed that Reggie was not hurt. He said that people don't walk away from accidents like that. The car was totalled and the pole had to be replaced (thank heavens for insurance).

I think of these experiences and I am so grateful that my boys were protected. The outcome could have been so different in each of these situations. Life is so precious. I am so grateful for Reg and Frank. I love them so much!

(I do wonder if I can survive teenage drivers. I hope lots of prayers and insurance will help me through!)

4 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I'm so glad Frank is ok! You must have taught them well to ware their seat belts! I still can't my husband to ware his most of the time. What would we do without Reg and Frank?

Us Craven's said...

Wow! That is so scary- both of them- I think having kids drive has to be both great and terrible! Your boys have important things to do here!

Katy said...

I'm so glad that both your boys were protected in those accidents. They sound really bad! I dread the days when my boys can drive. You are right, you just have to say lots of prayers:)

cindy said...

What scary experiences! Motherhood=worry unfortunately.
The fact that both of your boys were wearing seatbelts shows that they have good sense--at least you can find some comfort in that!